Death's Head Press sent me a copy of Resisting Madness by Wesley Southard for review. I did not know what I was getting myself into.
I'm not too keen on short stories. I usually find them obtuse and unsatisfying. This is not the case with Resisting Madness by Wesley Southard.
|taking this picture with the flashy skull made me feel mad|
What I liked:
- I didn't want to stop reading this book. Each story was better than the last.
- Southard writes in an approachable, straight forward, and readable way. His writing reminds me of Stephen King.
- The stories were so imaginative! And vivid! Some stories felt more like watching a movie than reading.
- There were some very scary and disturbing stories in this book. There were also some amusing stories.
- Resisting Madness is one of the most entertaining and enjoyable collection of short stories I've read.
- I don't like that I don't have anything to write for this part of the review. It makes me feel like a bad reviewer.